An Error 22 on the LCD display often indicates a twist power assist issue. On an LED display, Pedal Assist Level "1" will flash to display an Error 22.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the error so you can get back to riding Rad.
- Get the bike ready for maintenance. Turn off the bike, remove the battery, and press MODE or the power button to discharge remaining power.
- Locate the twist power assist connection. Trace the cable from the twist power assist to the connector.
- Unplug the twist power assist connector. Pull each side of the connector directly apart, without twisting, to unplug.
- Inspect the inside of the connector. If you notice any moisture, dirt, or damage, take photos and contact Rad Power Bikes Product Support for help.
- Reconnect the twist power assist connector.If the connector looks clean and normal, align the internal notches and pins (and external arrows) and press each side directly together, without twisting, to reconnect.
- Reinstall the battery and test the bike fully before riding.
If you are not confident in your ability to successfully and safely perform all steps, we recommend having the work performed by a local, certified, and reputable bike mechanic.