The RadMini is designed to fold at the center of the frame, handlebar stem, and pedals -- all without any tools!
Click on a heading below and follow the instructions within to fold and unfold the RadMini.
When folding and unfolding, use caution to keep fingers, clothing, etc. away from folding parts and potential pinch points to avoid injury. Ensure the frame is properly aligned and hardware is secured before riding.
Folding the RadMini Frame
- Stand at the left side of the bike and ensure the cranks are parallel to the ground, so the left crank is pointed forward and the right crank is pointed toward the back of the bike.
- Open the frame hinge and fold the frame.
- Fold the frame hinge quick release lever down, so it is in line with the quick release lever axle (parallel to the ground).
- Swing the frame hinge quick release lever to the right, so it is perpendicular to the bike frame.
- Pull directly upward on the frame hinge quick release lever to unlock the hinge pin and begin folding the hinge open at the same time. Once the hinge pin is clear of the hinge, release the lever.
- Turn the front wheel slightly left and fold until both wheels are side by side. Rest the bike on the frame stand under the cranks.
- Secure the frame with the Velcro strap if desired. Move the bike by tilting onto the front wheel or lift with care or help if needed.
Rolling on the back wheel will revolve the pedal which will stop against the front wheel and may cause superficial damage. Remove the battery to reduce the bike weight and use caution to lift the bike. Enlist the help of another person to help lift the bike if needed.
Unfolding the RadMini Frame
- Remove the Velcro strap if needed and set aside.
- Unfold the frame and secure the frame hinge.
- Turn the front wheel slightly right until the frame is unfolded and both sides of the central hinge are touching.
- Pull directly upward on the frame hinge quick release lever to lift the hinge pin. At the same time, push the bike frame together so the hinge is fully closed. Then, release the lever to allow the hinge pin to drop into the frame hinge.
- Swing the frame hinge quick release lever toward the front of the bike, so it is parallel to the frame.
- Fold the quick release lever upward to securely lock the frame hinge. The quick release lever should have enough resistance when closing to leave an imprint on your thumb.
- Reattach the Velcro strap to the frame.
- Test the bike fully after unfolding the frame and before riding.
RadMini Handlebar Stem
Adjusting the Stem Riser Height
The handlebar can be raised or lowered by adjusting the stem riser height. This process is the same on the RadMini.
- Open the stem riser quick release lever (shown below).
- Raise or lower the handlebar depending on rider preference.
- Close the stem riser quick release lever securely.
Folding the Handlebar Stem
The handlebar stem folds and unfolds the same way on the RadMini.
- Press and hold the red button on the stem clasp release lever and push the lever down.
- Fold the handlebar stem to the side, hinging away from the clasp.
Unfolding the Handlebar Stem
- Lift the handlebar so it sits upright and the hinge is closed. Use caution to keep fingers, clothes, or anything else away from the clasp.
- Fold the stem clasp release lever up and press toward the stem until the red button on the lever clicks into place. When properly secured, the lever should not move.
Always ensure the handlebar stem folding mechanism latch is locked before moving or riding the bike.
Folding the Pedals
The pedals fold and unfold the same way on the RadMini.
- Ensure the cranks are parallel to the ground, so one crank is pointed forward and the other is pointed toward the back of the bike.
- Press the pedal end and fold directly toward the crank. Repeat on the other pedal.
Unfolding the Pedals
- Unfold the pedal end so it is parallel to the ground. The pedal will make a clicking sound when it is locked into place. Repeat on the other pedal.
- Ensure both pedals are locked in the unfolded position before each ride.